Wednesday, June 7, 2017

Divine Divisoria


MOD June 2012
On the cover: Carla Abellana

Another assigned article that I had fun writing. Originally titled “Divisoria: Then and Now,” it was editor retitled “Divine Divisoria” (pp. 64-67 and the accompanying sidebar “Divisoria Guide” on p. 68), owing perhaps to the grace of how I wrote it. Hahaha! My only regret is that portions of the article where I wrote my first-hand experiences of Divisoria with my Mom and Dad were removed. I can’t understand why? Logic will tell you that nostalgia, especially first person accounts, sells publications. Well, I don’t think it’s the fault of the editor, who is my friend, but probably the unwarranted ignorance of a consultant. One more thing, I find it a little odd placing it under the “Travel” section. Nonetheless, you’ll find the article very interesting.


Also in this MOD June 2012 issue is the article “Flags of Our father” (p. 73) for the “Pinoy Pride” section of the magazine.



“We will rejoice in your salvation, and in the name of our GOD we will set up our banners! May the LORD fulfill all (y)our petitions.” – The Book of Psalms 20:5, Holy Bible, The New King James Version.

No comments:

Post a Comment