Monday, July 17, 2017

Crossword Puzzles About Sports


Sports Weekly Magazine Vol. 7 Nos. 372 and 373, July 17-24 and 24-31, 1981
On the covers: Toyota’s Francis Arnaiz (left) and Crispa’s Bernard Fabiosa (right),
the best point guards of their era.

On this two successive issues of Sports Weekly Magazine are specialized crossword puzzles (about sports), which are among the earliest I made. I was in college when I did these crosswords. I started contributing crossword puzzles to Atlas Publishing’s Sports Weekly, Special People and MOD Filipina, and to Times Journal (International Edition) when I was still in high school. Notice that the crossword puzzles are of grid 14x14, something rarely done by crossword puzzle maker. They are also hand-drawn.


 “Commit your works to the LORD, and your thoughts will be established.” The Book of Proverbs:16:3, Holy Bible, The New King James Version.


No comments:

Post a Comment