Sunday, June 18, 2017

Humore & Rage: Brownouts


Men’s World Vol. 1 No. 12, June 18, 1990
On the cover: Former President Diosdado Macapagal

The first of the Humor & Rage semi-editorial column I wrote for Men’s World in mid-1990, subtitled “Brownouts” as was the prevailing news subject of the time. This type of write-up is something I learned from Mr. Teodoro “Ka Doroy” Valencia. I like writing something like this, which is informative, thought-provoking, but with a kick on the side, and I have Mrs. Ernestina “Ernie” Evora-Sioco to thank for giving me the opportunity. She was the one who encouraged me to write it. As it turned out, Mrs. Sioco told me later that I was “highly recommended,” but she declined to tell me by who. It was such an unforgetable memory.



“The quiet words of a wise person are better than the shouts of a foolish ruler. Wisdom is better than weapons of war, but one sinner can destroy much good.” – Ecclesiastes 9:17-18, The Everyday Bible, New Century Version.

No comments:

Post a Comment