Monday, August 28, 2017

Math-O'Logics: The Premier Issue


MOD Filipina Vol. 19 No. 835, August 28, 1987
On the cover: Maria Antonette “Monette” C. Ledesma

The first issue of Math-O’Logics. I could say this is a collectible item. It’s my pioneering column, the first column in Philippine journalism history that discusses mathematics. Who would ever thought that a woman’s magazine would venture to publish a math column? But Mrs. Ernie Evora Sioco, MOD’s editor-in-chief, believed in me and gave it a chance. It became very popular especially among students, teachers and professionals. I could even say it “formulated” my path to a second profession – that of a freelance writer.
In fact, Math-O’Logics is the only column recommended by the Department of Education and several schools as a must-read for students. The column ran for more than 100 issues spanning six years.



“To the man with insight, it is all clear; to the well-informed, it is all plain. Choose my instruction instead of silver; choose knowledge rather than the finest gold. I am wisdom, I am better than jewels; nothing you want can compare with me.” – Proverbs 8:9-11, The Good News Bible in Today’s English Version.









No comments:

Post a Comment